Serving Mr. Congressman





I have unforgettable trips, and this is one of them.

When you are new, you learn your lessons.  I worked the first class on this flight with Rose.  Part of the benefits of paying the first class fare is they get a welcome drink as soon as they boarded.  I served them with the drinks they wanted.

After taking off, we prepare for our galley and cart to serve them.  It was a long flight to Billings, Montana, so we were not rushing.  I was helping Rose prepared her cart.

It was my time to serve the first class.  I approached the passenger on 2A and asked him politely what he wanted to drink.  He replied to me and said "you girls are too much talking" with a hand gesture.  My first reaction was to apologize to him and told him that I was helping my partner prepared her cart.  He was not obvioulsy happy about it, and he looked on my name tag.

Time to deplane, I apologized again. Then, as soon as he stepped out, a lady responsible in cleaning the plane gave him a hug. I got interested and asked her who he was. She told me that he was a former congressman.

I got my lesson learned there.

Some people just want immediate attention and maybe special attention. I believe that as long as I do the right thing and do my best, I am not intimidated and worried. I take responsibility for my own actions.

So Mr. former congressman, thank you for this unforgettable memory and for teaching me a lesson.