Local Time



We welcome our passengers by saying "It's our pleasure to welcome you to John F. Kennedy International airport where the local time is . . . . "

Time is very crucial to aviation industry.  To be on time is a key.  A few minutes of delay can cause an interruption in the productivity and will create a domino effect.

I am paronoid on being late.  Sometimes there are inevitable factors that cause our delays. It creates stress and subsequently puts us into jeorpady.

There is a famous saying "Time is of the essence." It means that something must be done immediately.  Our job on the plane sometimes compels us to do things rush, in order to finish what we're supposed to do. We need to close the door on time. We need to be quick in order to serve everybody, if possible. We need to quickly respond to the demands.

It is tiring at times.  But you have to get used to this kind of lifestyle.  Always on the go. Always on time.

I try to manage my time well.  I balance it.  I rush but I make sure to pause once in a while, and enjoy the moment.